National center for infection control professionals, healthcare experts, manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and consumers focused on best practices in hand hygiene and hand sanitizer products

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Chief Medical Officer/Kalamazoo Michigan Raises Hands : Not Popular: Alcohol Hand Sanitizer :

I don't know why we always seem to stress alcohol -based hand sanitizes. It
may be to keep public education easier/ less complicated. These products
also have had more field testing and are relatively inexpensive. I
personally don't like them because I have eczema and it really drys and
inflames my skin ( increasing my risk for infection!).

The best answer to your question is to contact the product manufacturer and
ask for the product specifications.

Richard M.Tooker MD, MPH
Chief Medical Officer / Deputy Health Officer Chief Medical Examiner
Kalamazoo County

No comments: